Alan Stivell - Forum officiel Forum Index

Alan Stivell - Forum officiel
Poser vos questions, mettez des commentaires / Ask questions about Alan Stivell, make comments about his work

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

when will Alan come and bring a touring group to Canada?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Alan Stivell - Forum officiel Forum Index -> Forum 1 -> débattre / breutaat / debate
Previous topic :: Next topic  
oldlincolnian

PostPosted: 16/04/2009 04:11:05    Post subject: when will Alan come and bring a touring group to Canada? Reply with quote

Back in the 1970's I heard Alan Stivell play at the University of Wales in Cardiff. I didn't know much about his music before that night but went "just because".
I am an Englishman, I was aware of Celtic culture, but despite some great exposure to it, I had not really "felt it in my bones."
Then I was in the Student Union in Cardiff, with a ticket to this concert. The place was absolutely packed and the seams of the building were stretching. People had travelled from Scotland and Ireland, Cornwall, of course Wales and also from Brittany for this concert.
I was incredibly excited by the atmosphere of these young excited people. There was electricity in the air, that is for sure.
The reception of the group as they came onto the stage was overwhelming and from the first bars I was overwhelmed, transported...there really are no words for the experience. Alan and his band played way beyond their scheduled time, no breaks and as things eventually wound down and it was time to go home, no-one left. For hours people milled around, talking, waving their various flags of home and talking with one another, laughing, having fun. My head was still filled by the music, by the vitality.
Obviously this was an experience I have not forgotten in 35+ years. I can still put myself back there.
In the intervening years I have been heavily involved in folk music of one sort or another, less so now that I am busy with the things of an older man, but I can pull out Alan's music at any time and feel it in my bones.

So, I would like to ask: When is Alan Stivell coming to Canada? I now live in Vancouver and would love to be part of bringing that magic here.
I live in hope that one day I shall have a chance again to be a part of something which will last in my mind for another 35 years, if I can live so long.
Chris Langley
oldlincolnian@hotmail.com
Publicité

PostPosted: 16/04/2009 04:11:05    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
alan
Administrateur

PostPosted: 16/04/2009 21:43:49    Post subject: when will Alan come and bring a touring group to Canada? Reply with quote

Thank you very much.

My agent does have much difficulties to bring me back Canada. I am really wondering why.

If you know a (serious) Canadian agent, he is warmly welcome. I will surely transfer him or her to my French agent.

Best wishes,
alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Alan Stivell - Forum officiel Forum Index -> Forum 1 -> débattre / breutaat / debate All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Réponse rapide:
Pseudo: 

Smilies

Jump to:  

Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation