Alan Stivell - Forum officiel Forum Index

Alan Stivell - Forum officiel
Poser vos questions, mettez des commentaires / Ask questions about Alan Stivell, make comments about his work

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bynbrynman, reply to comment

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Alan Stivell - Forum officiel Forum Index -> Forum 1
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bynbrynman

PostPosted: 26/03/2009 15:23:02    Post subject: Bynbrynman, reply to comment Reply with quote

In reply to your question posed on my blog, http://crwtynrhifnaw.blogspot.com this morning: the easiest  answer is that 'France' is the name of a political state, within which is situated 'Brittany'; England is not a State, simply another Country sharing a national border with Wales. There is a political, geographical and historical France that has many nuances; in contrast, there is only one England. Despite what the French believe, England is smaller than Great Britain, as we've been calling the island since the 'Act of Union' with  Scotland, I nearly said 'the Scots' but Strathclyde in the south-west, was a Breton and not a Gaelic kingdom, as was William Wallace, the Welshman, however I  digress; this Great Britain is different to the one previous to the Act which only referred to to that part of the island inhabited by the Brythonic or British speaking Celts, separated from their kinsmen here in little Britain or Brittany and who are ruled by the descendants of the Franks. I suppose that I could draw a border, because, being ruled by Austria didn't make the Swiss, Austrians, any more than the Greeks were turned into Turks by being ruled by the Ottomans. The sticking point is the French Constitution, which stands for one indivisible People, all equally French citizens, with one Language and Culture. The sad thing being, that after more than two hundred years of propaganda, it is not only accepted but it is believed.  

The less convoluted and real answer is that the boundaries were done by Google Earth and not me.

To emphasize the nature of the national boundaries, both Cymru/Wales and England played in the football world cup last night, March 28, and the Welsh rugby team has a higher international rating than its English counterpart.
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 26/03/2009 15:23:02    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Alan Stivell - Forum officiel Forum Index -> Forum 1 All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Réponse rapide:
Pseudo: 

Smilies

Jump to:  

Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation